About CareerPro - Meet Nikky Rhodes
Master Resume Writer, Certified Selection Criteria Specialist & Interview Coach specialising in the APS (Federal, State, Territory & Local Government)
Hi - I'm Nikky Rhodes, owner of CareerPro (a professional, online career development writing business), Qualified Resume and Selection Criteria Writer and Interview Coach. I help jobseekers at all levels and at all stages of their career lifespan to get jobs and promotions within the Australian Public Service and private sector through my professional career consultancy services including resume writing, interview coaching and selection criteria writing.
With over ten years of practical experience in Human Resources and Recruitment, supported by up-to-date knowledge and credentials, I'll help you to navigate complex and confusing recruitment processes, attract interviews, get jobs and promotions and save time and effort by uncovering and articulating your unique selling points and accomplishments relating these to employer needs so that you present as the best person for the role, on paper and in person.
Read about our clients' success stories and what they say about working with us
With over 10 years of combined experience in recruitment, human resources and career writing, I have been helping job-seekers to effectively market and “sell” themselves to prospective employers by providing professional career writing services (selection criteria, resumes, curriculum vitae, cover letters) designed to attract interviews, secure promotions and win job offers.
I started my career within the corporate world of recruitment and gained international experience in South Africa and the United Kingdom working for one of the leading global recruiters, TMP Worldwide, and successfully recruited and counselled job-seekers across a range of industries (public and private sectors), at a multitude of levels, including graduates, legal, finance, customer service, administration, sales, business development, technical, education, management, professionals and executives.
Since migrating to Australia in 2003, I have used this experience, skill and knowledge to establish my own professional writing business, CareerPro, and have over the years worked with a diverse range of individuals, identifying and highlighting their unique achievements and accomplishments and translating these into high-level written applications that effectively position my clients way ahead of their competitors.
I have also been a member of, and chaired hundreds of selection panels and have a thorough knowledge of public service recruitment and selection processes and practices. This includes understanding and applying the Senior Executive Leadership Capability (SELC) Framework, Integrated Leadership System, APS Values and Code of Conduct, Defence Leadership Framework and other state, territory and local government capability/competency frameworks.
Knowledge, Credentials & Qualifications
First Certified Resume & Selection Criteria Specialist (CRS+PSAU) - As the first credentialed Australian Public Service Resume and Selection Criteria Writer, I have demonstrated knowledge and experience with public service resume writing and key selection criteria development for federal, state, territory and local government applications.
Unfortunately, without this qualification, the selection criteria writing industry remains largely unregulated and uncontrolled. By obtaining qualifications in selection criteria writing, my clients can be secure in the knowledge that they are engaging a professional, qualified and experienced selection criteria writer!
CDI President, Laura De Carlo states that:
"When selecting a resume writer a job-seeker should always look for an individual who is certified and has experience working with job seekers in their industry. Selecting a skilled professional with a Certified Resume Specialist for your industry is the natural choice to confidently put your career in the hands of a qualified expert who has made the effort to specialise."
Certified Master Resume Writer (CMRW) - An elite resume writing qualification awarded to only a select few local and international resume writers following review by a panel of peers, including TORI (Toast of the Resume Industry) Award Winners and industry leaders.
"Nikky Rhodes has been awarded the international certification as a Certified Master Resume Writer (CMRW) by Career Directors International. She has demonstrated her superior knowledge and experience in resume writing and career development through an intense examination, professional writing and development process to assess and demonstrate her industry knowledge and resume writing skill. Recognition as a CMRW sets Nikky apart from the competition and distinguishes the high calibre of her credentials in assisting clients with professional resume and selection criteria writing." Laura De Carlo, President, Career Directors International
Certified Advanced Resume Writer (CARW) - As one of a small group of credentialed resume writers, I've demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development in innovative job-seeking strategies and resume writing trends and have been awarded this highly sought after, internationally recognised qualification following intense industry scrutiny and peer review.
Bachelor of Social Science (Psychology & History Majors) - This degree provided a great theoretical introduction and spring-board to my earlier career and experience in Recruitment and Human Resources where I recruited and supported literally hundreds of job-seekers (at all levels) to achieve their job and career goals.
Memberships, Associations & Accreditations
- Career Directors International (CDI)
- Career Development Association of Australia (CDAA)
- Association of Online Resume & Career Professionals (AORCP)
- Australian Certified Website - if you are worried about purchasing services, conducting business online and supplying personal and confidential information to just anyone on the world-wide web, this GOLD seal of approval will put your mind at ease. CareerPro has successfully passed a stringent certification process which provides you with assurance and guarantees that we are who we say we are - a 100% Australian-owned and operated business.
- Author of practical, easy-to-follow ebook "How to Write Selection Criteria: A Step-by-Step Guide" designed to provide advice and information to assist you if you choose to write your own selection criteria or government job application.
- Career Article Writer for FREE fortnightly newsletter "Unlock Your Career Potential" sharing essential job-seeker information on selection criteria, resumes/CVs, cover letters, government job applications, transferable skills, recruitment and selection practices, changing careers, interview skills, work/life integration and job-searching. Subscribe here and download my FREE Step-by-Step Guide to Writing Selection Criteria and Bonus Selection Criteria Templates
- Regular contributor as Work Guru for online community newsletter, Western Informer, providing practical tips and proven strategies to enhance the quality of your written application and ensure that you get results as part of your job search process.
- Experienced Career Development Practitioner and Human Resource Expert writing organisational policies and procedures, developing job descriptions (including selection criteria documentation), selection materials, proposals, business plans and reports for use within the public service and private sectors. These have included writing and implementing workforce planning and recruitment and selection plans and strategies, developing job application information for all levels of employees, drafting human resource and operational policy and procedures and collaborating on key issues including those that relate to Classification Frameworks including competencies and behavioural indicators, Equal Employment Opportunity, Health and Safety, Industrial Democracy and Cultural Diversity.
- Industry contributor for FREE career articles related to resume writing, how to write selection criteria, career development, recruitment and selection, interview preparation, your rights and responsibilities, salary negotiation and the job-search process.
My commitment to YOU!
- You will benefit directly from 10 years of public and private sector experience and my understanding of what employers and hiring managers are looking for in a quality application as a Master Resume Writer, Expert Selection Criteria Writer, Career Development Practitioner, Recruiter, Hiring Manager, Selection Panel Member and Human Resources Professional
- You will have access to cutting edge industry expertise and modern career writing trends and innovation through my credentials as Certified Master Resume Writer (CMRW), Certified Advanced Resume Writer (CARW) and Certified Resume and Selection Criteria Specialist (CRS-Australian Public Service) - Australia's FIRST Public Service Resume and Selection Criteria Writer to be awarded these highly sought after global qualifications following intense industry scrutiny and examination
- You will uncover your achievements and successes through my skill and expertise in behavioural/competency/informational interviewing techniques
- You will benefit from my skill and capacity to prepare applications for all levels from entry level positions to executive roles
- You will have access to further resources and a forum for support through my professional memberships of Career Directors International, Association of Online Resume and Career Professionals and Career Development Association of Australia
- You will benefit from practical expertise in Equal Employment Opportunity, Equity and Diversity, Occupational Health and Safety/Workplace Health and Safety, Anti-Discrimination, Harassment, Industrial Democracy, Participative Work Practices and APS Values and Code of Conduct which means that I can prepare top-notch responses for these common selection criteria
- You will work directly with me on an exclusive basis. I don't prepare multiple applications for the same role and see this as a direct conflict of interest
- You will be able to tap into earlier experiences managing graduate recruitment programs and leading job assistance, search and outplacement programs
- You will enjoy peace of mind as I subscribe to the highest standards of personal and professional ethics. Your personal information and career history will remain private and confidential
- You will be working with an experienced writer who has
drafted articles, informational resources, and fact sheets for cover letters, resumes, CVs, selection criteria and expressions of interest. I have also written policies and procedures, developed job descriptions (including selection criteria documentation), selection materials, proposals, business plans and reports. In 2011, I launched the first edition of my ebook "How to Write Selection Criteria: A Step-by-Step Guide", detailing practical, easy-to-follow steps when writing your own selection criteria or government job applications.
For an obligation free quote and assessment please feel free to contact me on nikky@CareerPro.net.au or call me on 0404 427 212
PO Box 7180 Mount Crosby QLD 4306 ABN: 82 720 953 02
Having held a range of diverse and varied roles as Recruiter, Human Resources and Hiring Manager, and selection panel member, having sat on hundreds of selection panels, it seemed only natural that Nikky transition her passion for assisting job-seekers to establish CareerPro, a leading, professional writing business focused on helping job-seekers to effectively market and "sell" themselves to prospective employers. Through her unique writing services (selection criteria, resumes, curriculum vitae, cover/application letters) she assists clients and job-seekers locally, nationally and internationally to achieve their goals of promotion, interview and job success.